Monday, October 17, 2011

Thank You Card for Bus Driver

Let met start by saying that my family and I just recently moved from the city to the suburbs and although my daughter is in the third grade, this is the first year we've had experience riding a school bus.   In the city she attended an out-of-district school and I drove her each and every day.  So until these past few months I had little appreciation for the school bus driver.  And our route must have one of the nicest, kindest, most caring school bus drivers on the planet.  He knows ALL THE KIDS by name, he watches out for my son, who is in kindergarten, makes sure the little ones get on and off the bus first, reminds the kids not to forget stray umbrellas, lunch boxes and sweaters, just a great guy all around.

I made this "card", which is really a 9x9 single page, doesn't fold, using the Cricut machine and three different cartridges.  Plantin for the lettering, Stretch Your Imagination for the school bus and the Paper Doll Dress Up for all the kids.  I absolutely LOVE the paper dolls.  It was so simple to use each button had all the parts for one costume and there are so many accessories.  You could make entire story books.  There are princesses and knights and dragons and castles, and horses.  It was so much fun. 

I took the card to the bus stop this morning and had all the kids from our stop sign the card and we gave it to him.  We could tell he was happy to have received the gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment